The difficulties of maritime transport have meant that sales in calendar year 2020 have decreased by 4.4%, due to the increase in the cost of freight and the lack of equipment for export.
During last January, Spanish dehydrated forage exports data improved and reached 86,174 tons.
Of the total exported, 70.5% was in dehydrated bales format, which represented 60,819 tons. The remaining 29.5% (25,356 T.) corresponded to the pellet format, confirming the good reception that this format is having in the international market in this 2020/21 campaign.
During the month of January, the main destination for Spanish exports was the United Arab Emirates with a total of 44,861 imported tons, followed by China with 5,466, and France with 5,389. Jordan, Saudi Arabia, South Korea and Qatar were some of the multiple destinations for Spanish dehydrated forages last January.